South Island Cancer Services Stocktake March 2009
A stocktake questionnaire was developed using key components of the New Zealand Cancer Control Strategy Action Plan 2005 – 2010. Questions were aimed at ascertaining what service is currently provided by each District Health Board (DHB) throughout the South Island. The stocktake information was correct at March 2009.
- To provide a comprehensive overview and measure of the level of cancer services provided by South Island planners and funders of cancer services across the cancer care continuum
- to provide a baseline of what services exist and where
- to assist in the development of a regional strategic work plan for the Southern Cancer Network (SCN)
- to identify gaps in the provision of service and highlight areas where inequalities exist.
- Southern Cancer Network Stocktake Final Report (PDF, 432 KB)